About the Unda Numbers
I prescribe the Unda numbered compounds for many of my patients as part of their treatment plan. I have been using them for over 10 years, and found them to be particularly effective in resolving deep issues over months, or taking care of acute symptoms quickly.
They are almost always a part of the system of Individualized Medicine that I learned from my mentor, the French homeopathic doctor, Dr. Gueniot, MD.
I compiled this information for those who are curious where they came from and how they work:
How did the UNDA numbered remedies come about?
How do they fit into homeopathic prescribing?
What is in the UNDA remedies?
How do the UNDA remedies work?
How are the UNDA numbers chosen?
How to take the UNDA remedies.
The UNDA remedies are carefully constructed combinations of low potency homeopathic remedies. Instead of names, they are given numbers to designate the combinations. There are 76 combinations that are in use today. They were developed in Europe by collaboration. Dr. Discri published a work describing them in 1937 after having worked with them for over 15 years.
A pharmacy in Belgium was responsible for making the combinations, and that evolved to the UNDA company in 1949, where they are made to this day. The operations of the company reflect exacting selection, processing, and production of the plants and metals necessary to produce a product which is tested with highly technical equipment to assure consistency of product and therefore predictable effectiveness of use.
The name UNDA was chosen to represent undulating water waves (that carry subtle medicinal information.)
The UNDA numbers are prescribed according to the patient’s symptoms, that is, how the sickness is manifesting in the individual. They are compatible with single remedy homeopathy, in fact, they facilitate the action of single remedies prescribed.
They may be used both as a preparation for further homeopathic prescribing in order to clear the symptom picture, and concurrently with low-dose homeopathic remedies in order to avoid an aggravation of the symptoms. Samuel Hahnemann himself, the founder of Homeopathy, often used initial targeted remedies to clear the symptom picture before going on to prescribe more specific remedies.
The remedies are a combination of plant remedies in homeopathic dilution, usually 3x to 6x, that have an affinity for specific organ systems. At that potency, you can still taste the plant, so each remedy has a distinct taste, although not as strong as an herbal tincture.
These plants are traditionally known and used by herbalists, and have similar effects homeopathically. For example, chelidonium (celadine) and taraxacum (dandelion) are liver herbs, asparagus and juniperus (Jumiper) are for the kidneys, valariana (valerian) is for the nervous system and verbascum (mullein) is for the lungs. They are put in combination in the UNDA remedies to create a synergistic effect.
Certain remedies also contain in their make-up a pure metal (molecularly unattached to anything else) such as copper, gold, silver, or lead. The metal is at a concentration present within the cells of the body, usually 12x. The metal is fixed to the plants during the process of making the remedy.
The plants deliver the specific metal to the cells of the targeted organ system. There the cells accept the metal to use in various ways, mostly for bumping out misplaced metals and other toxins, so the parts can function without being gummed up by them. One example is the delivery of copper to the inner membrane particles of the mitochondria, which needs it for a complex reaction involving the production of energy.
Use of the UNDA numbers encourages restoration of normal function, which is the aim of natural medicine. They do this in five ways:
- Support the detoxification systems within each cell and the detoxifying organ systems such as the liver and kidneys
- Balance the homeostatic systems (those that seek to regulate the body: the nervous system, the hormonal system, and the cardiovascular system)
- Boost the efficiency of natural immunity (keeping out what is harmful at the level of the skin and mucous membranes, mounting a fever as a response to an infection, and eliminating toxic wastes)
- Intervene in cases of a disease which is manifesting, by restoring a healthy way of functioning thereby reducing then eliminating the disease manifestations
- Facilitate the action of single homeopathic remedies prescribed with them
One way the UNDA numbers work is that they encourage elimination through the body’s detoxification systems. You see, all cells require a specific environment with individualized nutrients, a narrow range of acid-base level, and the proper elimination of wastes to survive and function properly. Without efficient removal of wastes, the cell would function less than adequately or even die.
The effectiveness of the UNDA Numbers lies in their ability to reverse the process of toxic accumulations. These may be accumulations of material generated within the body by such things as stress, inadequate nutrition, or inadequate elimination. They may also be accumulations of materials such as metabolites from unassimilated synthetic medications such as antibiotics, or heavy metals, pesticides, insecticides, and other pollutants.
This toxic accumulation suggests a need for cleansing at the intracellular level. This is different from other forms of detoxification such as fasting, colonics, herbal gall bladder flush, herbal remedies, vitamin and mineral therapies, and IV or oral chelation. The action of those therapies is mainly to discharge wastes that are already outside the cells and get it out of the body.
The UNDA remedies allow the optimal function of the liver, kidneys, and other organs of elimination (such as intestines, skin, lungs, urinary bladder, and the mucous membranes of the stomach, pancreas and genitals.) Then they draw toxins from inside the cells and enhance the free movement of toxins towards these outlets.
In the case of chronic disease, the UNDA Numbers permit drainage of congested diseased organs that have lost part of their function. The deep cleansing action allows them to enhance the enzyme systems to return tissues to effective function that is essential for the return to health.
In addition, the intracellular cleansing normalizes function of the glandular system, nervous system and heart and circulatory system. These systems are responsible for regulating the whole body.
In chronic conditions they are able to get to the original cause of the disease because they drain the cells of their toxic accumulations. They are chosen according to their complementary actions, and usually three remedies are prescribed together.
In acute conditions, the UNDA numbers have a detoxifying effect by making a fever efficient and opening the pathways of elimination and draining the organs. The result is that the body can rapidly reestablish equilibrium and avoid debilitating consequences.
7 drops of each remedy under the tongue 6 times a day.
Reduce the dosage as improvement occurs.
7 drops of each remedy under the tongue morning and evening
In certain cases, 5 drops of each remedy under the tongue three times a day is recommended
- Dosed this way, the bottles will last three weeks. The fourth week of the month no remedies are taken. Then there is a re-evaluation.
- The drops will flow from the bottle when it is at an angle upside down and there is no need to shake the bottle. It is easy to count them if you let them drop in a spoon. You may also place the drops in a small amount of purified water. The water must be cooler than 120 degrees F, or the remedy will be inactivated.
- Do not mix all the remedies together, either in a spoon or in water. Do each sequentially. You do not have to wait between remedies. Think of it like giving your body information in the form of one sentence after another. You would not understand if you heard three different sentences at the same time.
- Always take the UNDA Numbers at least 15 minutes away from other foods, medicines, or anything that may leave a residual taste in your mouth, like toothpaste.
- Always store your UNDA Number remedies away from strong smelling substances. Also avoid strong light and heat, as well as electromagnetic fields such as around computers, cell phones and other electronic equipment. As far as x-rays, such as in airport security systems, it has been shown that the remedies stay potent several passes through them.
WANT TO USE THIS ARTICLE IN YOUR NEWSLETTER OR WEB SITE? You can, as long as you include this complete blurb with it:
“Naturopathic Physician Dr. Cheryl Kasdorf is a doctor who listens and has answers with a natural approach that works. She is known as the go-to person to get back your get-up-and-go when it is gone, gone, gone. Get her FREE gift “Dr. Kasdorf’s Health Secrets for Feeling & Looking Great” at drcherylkasdorf.com