The United States Senate has declared the second week in October Naturopathic Medicine Week. 2015 is the third year in a row we are celebrating Naturopathic Medicine this time of year.
You deserve to know more about naturopathic medicine given
- the rising costs of health care
- the anticipated shortage of primary care physicians
- the ever-expanding interest in holistic health and wellness
Dr. Cheryl Kasdorf, Naturopathic Physician
Dr. Cheryl Kasdorf is announcing a free Open House Friday October 9, 4 to 6 pm in her office. This is a perfect opportunity for people who may be curious about the benefits of natural medicine to get insights about how it works compared to conventional medicine.
FREE Events include:
- Tues Oct 6: starts at 6pm to 7:30 pm
- Participatory presentation
- Change the relationship with your mind
- Discover the benefits of meditation
- Wed Oct 7: 6 to 7:30 pm, drop in anytime
- Relieve pain
- Experience Bowen on one specific area of your body
- Friday Oct 9: 4 to 6pm, drop in anytime
- Free product samples
- Delicious free food & drink
- Beverage taste tests
- Ask the doctor
Did you know?
- According to the National Institutes of Health, about 4 in 10 adults and 1 in 9 children in the U.S. use some form of alternative medicine.
- A majority of older Americans (65 +) say they would prefer if their doctor began their care with natural therapies rather than immediately beginning with prescription drugs or invasive procedures.
- Naturopathic medicine is not just for the affluent, as evidenced by a predominance of patients in the $50‐$100K income bracket.
- The top health needs for which patients most often seek naturopathic care are general primary care, women’s health and aging, and digestive disorders.
- 17 states, the District of Columbia, and the U.S. territories of Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands currently license naturopathic doctors. Only licensure can guarantee the training and safety to which patients are entitled.
- A licensed naturopathic physician attends an accredited, four-year, graduate-level naturopathic medical school and is educated in the same basic sciences as an MD; s/he also studies holistic and non-toxic approaches to therapy with a strong emphasis on disease prevention and optimizing wellness.
10 Reasons Why Naturopathic Medicine Lowers Health Care Costs
- Offers more treatment options. Naturopathic physicians provide consumers with a broader range of safe, cost effective care.
- Offers less expensive treatment. Naturopathic treatments are inherently less expensive than those in conventional medicine and many naturopathic treatments incur no cost whatsoever.
- Reduces need for expensive surgical procedures.Naturopathic physicians often suggest non-surgical options to patients, while referring for surgery when it is indicated.
- Decreases prescription drug costs. Naturopathic physicians typically prescribe less expensive botanical or nutritional supplements to effectively care for medical problems.
- Decreases in costs associated with drug prescriptionsAbout two percent of drug prescriptions result in hospital admission. Adverse drug reactions may add as much as $5 billion annually to health care costs and are considered the 5th leading cause of death in the U.S. 100,000 people died in 2003 of adverse reactions from correctly prescribed pharmaceuticals.
- Reduces the incidence of iatrogenic (doctor-induced) illnesses. As many as one-third of patients admitted to hospitals contract another illness while there, resulting in longer stays. Fatal pharmaceutical adverse reactions combined with iatrogenic fatalities are the 3rd leading cause of death in the U.S.
- Lowers malpractice rates, resulting in reduced patient costs. Malpractice insurance rates are much lower for naturopathic physicians than they are for conventional doctors. Patients of naturopathic physicians do not have to absorb high malpractice costs.
- Addresses the cause of illness thus eliminating expensive ongoing care. By addressing and treating the cause of disease, the need for repeated, expensive and often ineffective symptomatic treatment is eliminated. Naturopathic physicians use state-of-the-art diagnostic testing, thorough history and complete physical examination to diagnose underlying causes of disease.
- Offers true disease prevention. Naturopathic physicians emphasize health-building practices, reducing the high future cost of preventable degenerative diseases.
- Reduces insurance costs. Naturopathic medical billing is far lower per patient than conventional medical billing.
Naturopathic Medicine: The Future of Medicine
Naturopathic practitioners are doctor level expert providers of natural medicine and increasingly are receiving deserved recognition as such. Naturopathic doctors also work in international medicine, public health, in medical research and as writers and teachers in the field.
No matter what the condition, there is always something that a Naturopathic perspective can provide in improving your quality of life – relieving pain, giving energy, improving digestion, elimination and sleep.
Please call me at 928-649-9234 to find out how I can help you.
For More Information:
American Association of Naturopathic Physicians (AANP) www.naturopathic.org
Arizona Naturopathic Medical Association (AzNMA) www.aznma.org
Association of Accredited Naturopathic Medical Colleges (AANMC) www.aanmc.org
Council on Naturopathic Medical Education (CNME) www.cnme.org
Naturopathic Physicians Research Institute (NPRI) www.nprinstitute.org
Comment below about your experience with Naturopathic Medicine, how it was effective and how it saved you money!
WANT TO USE THIS ARTICLE IN YOUR NEWSLETTER OR WEB SITE? You can, as long as you include this complete blurb with it: “Naturopathic Physician Dr. Cheryl Kasdorf is a doctor who listens and has answers with a natural approach that works. She is known as the go-to person to get back your get-up-and-go when it is gone, gone, gone. Get your FREE gift “Dr. Kasdorf’s Health Secrets for Feeling & Looking Great” at drcherylkasdorf.com